Tuesday, January 25, 2011

POYO

i was blessed for being asked to be the moderator for the last Kedai Kopi in Stevens. it was such a great experience to discuss ideas with all participants..there were many problems as well as solutions identified throughout the 2 hr discourse..yet, there was one concern, raised in the middle of the discussion, that kept bothering me - the use of word "POYO!" i'm wondering how much negative effects this word has caused to our society? how this one word has severely hindered one from developing him/herself? 

well, this discussion might sound a bit lame and pathetic..but, just imagine the effects of changing this negative word so that it becoming positive..honestly speaking, it could create a great impact to our society..no one would be afraid/ashame to volunteer for certain tasks since he/she is happy to be labeled as POYO! 

so guys, keep telling yourself and your friends that being POYO, for good reasons, is good..believe me, if everybody spreads this new idea of POYO in his/her local society, we could be able to produce a lot more great leaders as well as concerned citizens..and then, our life would be much better! 

"I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."  ~Edward Everett Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP